Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Africa & Other Randomness

It's about time I update this since there is lots going on. First is I am an aunt again YEAH!!!!!! Little Beau was born last night by c-section. He is the cutest little nephew ever and I mean it.... I'm not biast at all not one bit :~)


I am totally loving Crisco being gone.... well I only miss her a little bit but she is having tons of fun in Africa. She has been gone since the 14th of this month and is loving it I will post a couple of her emails to us about her time there. I know its short but thats I think so read Crisco's emails NOW!
This first one was sent the 20th of July:
It's me again. I finally got to a computer where I could type fast and the shift key works. In Nairobi I am at a place called The Village Market. It is for the white people i guess it is more taken care of than anywhere I have been so far. So one thing I have missed so far is American Toliets. I don't know whats out here but I don't like. It has been a blast so far. When in Mombasa we went to Fort Jesus, the Indian Ocean, a Rugby game and then Fred took us to a club. Guess what I got my first phone number he also gave me a necklace- I think he was high but who knows it was fun- more details when I get home. On our way back to Nairobi we road the train and I got to see zebras, giraffees, wild beasts, ostrich(sorry not spelled right) The funnest part of the train though was standing by the window and waving to the people and seeing their smiles. There are so many cute kids and babies!! But what an eye opener!! I made my first shopping purchase in Mombasa and I got to see where the docked the ship that was taken over by the pirates. Today in Nairobi we got to see the giraffee park and a giraffee ate out of my hand and then I got dared to have the food on my lips and the giraffe ate it. It had a very rough tounge. First time I have been tounged as well. Many Firsts!! And still going. I finally got my suitecase today and it was like Christmas. These computers don't let me put pics on so when I get home were going to have a picture party. Tons of love and I'll write soon!!!!

The last one was sent on the 26th of July:

hey again
we made it to Nakuru and went and visited the school for the Deaf yesterday and i just fell in love with all the students! they thought is was cool for me to take pics and then show them what they looked like. everyone was saying picture me picture me- they wanted me to take their picture. when i got there i have never been greeted with so many hugs and handshakes!! and smiles - they were showing us everything and i had six friends holding on to my hands arms and skirt- i love it already and having fun- today is the day we have to eat one meal with them and i am not looking forward to it! struggling with the food a little
other than that I AM having a blast and love it here!! tons of love and ill write soon
Crystale


Those emails are completly Crisco always being trailed by a bunch of kids like the Pied Piper of children. Anyways hope you enjoy hearing about her travels. Oh I remember I have another story for you. I love my new apartment but lucky me got locked in the other day. What adventures we have in life :~)

0 comments:

Good Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones