Friday, February 4, 2011

This & That

Wow its been eons!!! Sorry for the delay... You would think since I didn't have a full time job I'd be on here everyday but its funny how I find things to do so I don't have time to do anything really. Doesn't make sense to you, me either. So a quick update I work part time at a High School with the Resource department... not the dream job but it works for now. Crys went back to school...she's kind of a nerd (pst.. I didn't say that). She'll be done in no time. I don't really have anything important except funny things that come out of the mouth of a six year old.....and boy is she adorable.

The other day me and Alaura (the six year old) were walking in Wal-Mart and she turned to me and said, "Aunt Char I don't know why you don't have a boyfriend you look cute EVERYDAY!" I said, "well thanks but I don't know."

She then looked at me very seriously and said, "Are you doing your walk?" Now for those of you that haven't heard my niece, she gives me some very good advice on how to catch a boy and this includes a walk where you wave and flip your hair and bat your eyelashes as the boys walk by. According to her this is how you get a boy to propose. Apparently they will by a ring after walking by three times. I know its genius. So I said "Yes" even though that may or may not be true... didn't feel like arguing with her. She then said "Everyday?" with her little skeptical quizzical look of hers and her hands on her hips. I said, "well of course."

Then here comes the ringer she looks a me and says, "your a cute girl but maybe the boys are looking for a rockin' girl and you aren't a rockin' girl. I'm both so I would know." Really I had no idea there was a difference but there is. You may at this point wonder what the difference is...don't worry she told me. "you need to learn to play the guitar, like take a class, that will get the boys or you could by some pink shoes and put glitter on them (apparently she knows shoes in my size don't come already glittered up) or you could by some cowgirl boots those are good. Oh and skinny jeans boys like skinny jeans!"

What I learned is that there is something wrong with society or me that my six year old niece is concerned about me not having a boyfriend and then feels the need to direct me on it... I think I love it. I'll tell you one thing I think I'm going to take up guitar lessons what do you think??

2 comments:

Tony and Shani said...

I am pretty sure Tony would give you guitar lessons here at our house to make you rockin!

Charlotte said...

Sweet!!! I apparently need them, so I guess I'll just move out there.....or I could fly out every so often but thats more expensive :~)

Good Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones