Saturday, May 23, 2009

Uncle Brent

Today I just wanted to remember someone I love dearly, My Uncle Brent. One year ago he passed away and I just want everyone to know what a great guy he was and how much he is missed. He always had a funny joke to tell me and when he couldn't get my mom on the phone he would call me and he always made it seem like he had just called to talk to me. He would ask about how I was and we would laugh and joke around. He would remember everything we talked about and when he called again would ask for updates. I knew he loved me. He would always pull out his dentures and say "Give me kisss" teasingly. He wasn't like you and me but he was such a joy to be around. So for my Uncle Brent I wrote a poem and I wanted to share it with you so you know what an impact he had on me. Also, that it's not the end and someday I will see him again in Heaven and get to joke around and hear his raspy laugh :~) Till then I can't wait.


Uncle Brent

He made me laugh
He made me smile
With all his dirty jokes
And his caring spirit
He wasn’t like you and I
He was special
Not everyone understood
That’s why he left
Way too soon if you ask me
He just wanted to be loved
Is that so much to ask
I loved him just the way he was
Problems and all
I wouldn’t change him not one bit
He was such a joy
Those who didn’t understand
Or care to try
Missed out on an opportunity
To be loved by the greatest guy
Now he’s in heaven where he belongs
Watching over all of us
Learning and growing
Becoming an even greater man
I will miss his love and his raspy laughter
Someday I will see him again
Hopefully he knows how much he is missed
Love you always Uncle Brent

Charlotte L. Bostwick

1 comments:

Brittany said...

i like this. and love uncle Brent.

Good Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones