Friday, August 13, 2010

Poem for Davin

I know it's been awhile I lost my job and was in a car accident but hopefully I'll update this a bit more now. Instead of talking about the many crazy things that have been going on I thought I would share a poem I wrote for my brother Davin. He is a great guy but has some trials that are hard for many people to understand but maybe this poem will help. He is smart and funny and most of all I love him despite the fact he is a pain in my butt most days.

I see your face
I look into your eyes
And somewhere in there
The person I know resides
There are glimpses, moments
Where the real you shines
The person you once were
Isn't locked up, deep inside
Other times I see
A person who on the outside
In every shape and design
Looks like you to me
But deep down inside
Isn't someone I recognize
I see the pain, the anguish
Take over your whole body
Till you become the one
The one I can't descry
You spew hate, anger
And horrible things
Hoping to hurt, damage
Anyone in your path
Even the ones, the ones that care
To make them feel
The torture that flows
Through your very soul
In hopes that they just might
Understand you, your agony
That they will know
The things that fill your mind
The torment and hurt
That are your constant abettors
Things I can't possibly comprehend
Then for a brief moment
You come back to me
In these tiny flashes
That makes me smile
They give a person courage
To go the extra mile
I sometimes wish and pray
Things were the same
That we could go back
That you could find yourself
That it isn't too late
But there is something
Something I completely know
That this hurt, this pain
That you and I encounter
Are worth it, in the very end
One day, in a place not far away
You will be you again
Where all your worries
and all my tears will dissipate
Never to be seen again
This is the hope I hold on to
That we can be unbroken
In a place I call Heaven

Charlotte L. Bostwick

0 comments:

Good Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones